Located in Ogden, the capital city of Ontario, Canada, this recently renovated church was a conversion of a historic alehouse. The building dates back to 1892, and was originally built in the 19th century. It has a lot of history, with many architectural and structural elements that have been preserved after the construction.
The latest renovation took place in 2013 by Mcleod Bovell Modern Houses, an architecture firm with studios in Toronto and Vancouver. The project was focused on updating the interior of the church, as well as the exterior of the building, creating light and halliness. Besides the interior restoration, the project also included the creation of a number of other features, such as a large rooftop observatory and outdoor entertaining spaces, as well as a roof deck.
The exterior of the building was updated with a modern style, while the exterior of the roof deck was refurbished in white paint.
The roof deck, which is a space connected to the interior of the church, is an extension of the living space. It is also an area with a relaxing outdoor dining space facing the quiet of the interior of the church.